Offering employers valuable guidance on a wide range of employment law issues.
Faced with myriad, complex workforce challenges, businesses dealing with human resource-related issues must have a capable partner by their side to successfully manage the employment relationship. For many businesses on Long Island and in New York, Farrell Fritz is that partner. Our employment lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive, practical solutions for all types of employment-related situations.
Working Closely with Management
Every day, we work with executives, human resources professionals and supervisors to create effective employment policies and procedures for managing the daily issues that arise in the workplace. Focusing on practical yet sophisticated solutions for navigating the complex field of labor and employment laws, we:
- Develop innovative, clear, and effective employment policies and procedures.
- Advise on leaves of absence in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the New York State Human Rights Law.
- Devise alcohol and drug-free workplace programs, including equitable drug testing and screening policies.
- Draft employment, executive compensation, and severance agreements.
- Create interactive training programs on a variety of topics, including unlawful harassment, performance management, diversity, and workplace violence.
- Counsel on the labor and employment law issues associated with mergers, acquisitions, and due diligence.
- Address issues relating to COBRA, ERISA, and other health and welfare benefit plans.
Whether representing a small, closely held business, a not-for-profit organization or a large, publicly traded company, Farrell Fritz leverages our extensive experience to successfully defend claims efficiently. Our employment litigation lawyers:
- Counsel, investigate, and litigate harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims involving the Equal Pay Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the New York State Human Rights Law.
- Defend claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and New York State Labor Laws.
- Litigate breach-of-contract, tort issues, and class action wage and hour claims.
Negotiating Agreements & Arbitrating Disputes
A unionized workforce presents its own unique issues; the Farrell Fritz labor lawyers enable clients to effectively manage them. We work with employers to develop sound working relationships with employees and, when needed, their bargaining representatives. Our labor attorneys represent employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), engage in collective bargaining, and represent management in grievance hearings and arbitrations.
Protecting Trade Secrets & Confidential Information
Sometimes, protecting a client’s business operations, confidential information, and trade secrets requires that we litigate to ensure restrictive covenants are enforced, which may involve a restraining order or a preliminary injunction. Our experienced employment litigation lawyers have successfully handled such claims regarding noncompete, non-solicitation, and garden leave provisions.