Edward D. Baker represents clients in Surrogate’s Courts throughout the metropolitan area, and has been involved in probate contests, contested accountings, discovery proceedings, and removal proceedings. His experience includes conducting pretrial discovery, legal research, drafting motion papers, and participating in settlement negotiations.
Ed is a contributor to the firm’s New York Trusts & Estates Litigation blog.
Prior to joining Farrell Fritz, Ed was a litigation associate at Davidoff, Hutcher & Citron, LLP in Garden City, NY. He has also held the following positions: associate at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf, LLP in Lake Success; legal intern and then associate at Aboulafia Law Firm, LLC in Manhattan; law clerk and then associate at Greenberg, Trager & Herbst, LLP in Manhattan; and legal intern for the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn.
- Binghamton University
- Brooklyn Law School
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
Affiliations & Appointments
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section, Vice Chairperson of the Continuing Legal Education Committee, Vice Chairperson of the Sponsorship Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Estate Litigation Committee, Surrogate's Court Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association