Ryan C. Hild has extensive experience in the specialized field of real property valuation, appeal and advocacy, on behalf of commercial property owners in all aspects of real property tax litigation and condemnation law.
Throughout his career, Ryan has been known for successfully litigating complex commercial property tax appeals in various jurisdictions throughout New York State, obtaining property tax refunds and reductions for a wide array of property types. This includes national and local retail chains, big box stores, shopping centers, institutional banks, office, industrial and manufacturing plants, warehousing, golf and country clubs, multi-family residential, nursing and assisted living facilities, condominiums and cooperatives. Ryan has handled cases in Counties, Towns, Villages and Cities throughout the New York region, including Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, up through the Hudson Valley. He has represented property owners before the tax commission of the City of New York. Additionally, Ryan has represented property owners in Eminent Domain proceedings.
Ryan advises national and local property owners on property tax matters and offers practical management guidance. He also consults on the real estate tax consequences of acquisitions, sales, leasing, exemptions and abatements, and municipal tax incentives, including payments-in-lieu-of-taxes (PILOT) agreements and representation before Industrial Development Agency (IDA) Boards.
Ryan earned his law degree from New York Law School. A member of the Nassau County Bar Association, Suffolk County Bar Association and Westchester Bar Association, Ryan is an active member of the Tax Certiorari Committee for each of those organizations. He is a member in the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT).
Prior to joining Farrell Fritz, Ryan practiced at Koeppel, Martone & Leistman, L.L.C., a highly regarded firm devoted exclusively to the practice of Tax Certiorari and Condemnation.
- New York Law School
- Quinnipiac University
Affiliations & Appointments
- Fort Salonga Civic Association, Director - Smithtown Affairs
- Hauppauge Industrial Association, Member
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT), Member
- Kings Park Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Redevelopment Committee, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Tax Certiorari & Condemnation Committee, Member
- Smithtown Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Committee, Member
- St. James Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Tax Certiorari & Condemnation Committee
- Westchester County Bar Association, Tax Certiorari & Condemnation Committee