Neil V. Carbone practices in all three areas related to Trusts and Estates – planning, administration and litigation.
Neil handles sophisticated estate planning and administration. His practice includes planning for high net worth individuals and families, preparation of wills and trust agreements, administration of estates and trusts, and representation of clients before federal and state taxing authorities. Neil’s clients include trust companies, banks, foundations, other institutions, and individual fiduciaries and beneficiaries.
In addition, Neil maintains a robust litigation practice. With experience at both the trial and appellate levels, Neil has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of litigated estate and trust matters, including will and trust contests, contested fiduciary accountings and fiduciary surcharge and removal proceedings. Neil has also achieved favorable results for clients in proceedings for the turnover of property to and from estates, proceedings involving claims against estates, proceedings to construe and/or reform wills and trusts, disputes related to the spousal right of election and a variety of other contested proceedings.
Neil appears regularly before the Surrogate’s Courts and appears before other courts throughout New York and the United States Tax Court.
Prior to joining Farrell Fritz, Neil was a partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. He was previously a Senior Court Attorney at the New York Court of Appeals.
- St. John’s University
- St. John’s University School of Law
- US District Court, Northern District of New York
- US Tax Court
Affiliations & Appointments
- American Bar Association, Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Trusts and Estates Section; Chair, Estate Litigation Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Elder Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Trial Lawyers Section
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on Trusts, Estates & Surrogate’s Courts
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Surrogate’s Court Estates & Trusts Committee