Offering employers valuable guidance on a wide range of employment issues. Labor and Employment
Faced with a myriad of complex workforce challenges, businesses dealing with human resource-related issues must have a capable partner by their side to successfully manage the employment relationship. For many businesses on Long Island and in New York, Farrell Fritz is that partner. Our employment lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive, practical solutions for all types of employment-related situations.
In a landmark case, Farrell Fritz successfully defended a New York employer in an off-the-clock wage and hour class action, despite the employer’s lack of...
In a landmark case, Farrell Fritz successfully defended a New York employer in an off-the-clock wage and hour class action, despite the employer’s lack of...Read more
Working Closely with Management
Every day, we work with executives, human resources professionals and supervisors to create effective employment policies and procedures for managing the daily issues that arise in the workplace. Focusing on practical yet sophisticated solutions for navigating the complex field of labor and employment laws, we:
- Develop innovative, clear and effective employment policies and procedures.
- Advise on leaves of absence in compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the New York State Human Rights Law.
- Devise alcohol and drug-free workplace programs, including equitable drug testing and screening policies.
- Draft employment, executive compensation and severance agreements.
- Create interactive training programs on a variety of topics, including unlawful harassment, performance management, diversity and workplace violence.
- Counsel on the labor and employment law issues associated with mergers, acquisitions and due diligence.
- Address issues relating to COBRA, ERISA and other health and welfare benefit plans.
Whether representing a small, closely held business, a not-for-profit organization or a large, publicly traded company, Farrell Fritz leverages our extensive experience to successfully resolve claims efficiently. Our employment litigation lawyers:
- Counsel, investigate and litigate harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims involving the Equal Pay Act, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the New York State Human Rights Law.
- Defend claims brought under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the New York State Labor Laws.
- Litigate breach-of-contract and tort issues and class action wage and hour claims.
Negotiating Agreements & Arbitrating Disputes
A unionized workforce presents its own unique issues; Farrell Fritz labor lawyers enable clients to effectively manage them. We work with employers to develop sound working relationships with employees and, when needed, their bargaining representatives. Our labor attorneys represent employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), engage in collective bargaining and represent management in grievance hearings and arbitrations.
Protecting Trade Secrets & Confidential Information
Sometimes, protecting a client’s business operations, confidential information and trade secrets requires that we litigate to ensure restrictive covenants are enforced, which may involve a restraining order or a preliminary injunction. Our experienced employment litigation lawyers have successfully handled such claims regarding noncompete, non-solicitation and garden leave provisions.