Focused representation to entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, and the investors who fund them.
Our dedicated team of attorneys provides focused representation to entrepreneurs, public and private emerging growth companies, and the venture capital funds, angel investors, and investment banks that finance them.
We represent technology and other emerging high-growth businesses in various industries, including biotechnology, digital media, environmental, information technology, medical devices, software, clean energy and blockchain technology, and telecommunications, regularly advising them on:
- Entity formation and development
- Founder and shareholder agreements
- Seed- and late-stage funding
- Executive compensation and benefits, stock option and other equity-based compensation arrangements
- Licensing and other technology transfer transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions
We also advise venture capital firms and other fund sponsors on fund formation and administration and represent venture capital funds and angel investors in the negotiation of various stages of equity, debt, and convertible funding transactions, and the planning and implementation of exit strategies.
Valuable Investor & Industry Relationships
Our professional relationships are a valuable resource to our technology and emerging company clients. We have strong relationships with:
- Venture capital firms, private equity firms, angel investors, investment banks, and other capital sources, several of whom have invested in our clients
- All of Long Island’s universities, major laboratories, and other research institutions, including Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Stony Brook University, Farmingdale State College, Hofstra University, the Feinstein Institute, and Winthrop-University Hospital
- Numerous technology organizations and institutions, including Accelerate Long Island, the Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology, i-Hamptons, the Long Island Software and Technology Network, the Long Island Forum for Technology, the Long Island Technology Hall of Fame, the New York State Governor’s Innovation and Industry Work Group, the Association for Corporate Growth, and COMETS
Farrell Fritz has assumed a leadership role in significant initiatives to build a robust innovation ecosystem on Long Island and promote the commercialization of Long Island-originated technology. Our attorneys have also taken active roles in advocating for private and public capital markets reform, including through public speaking and publication in various media, with the goal of making it easier for emerging companies to raise capital in the private markets and ultimately go public.
A Trusted Resource
Our emerging companies & venture capital practice group publishes the New York Venture Hub blog, a widely read resource devoted to issues important to high-growth entrepreneurs, investors, and their advisers.