Yi W. Stewart is a trusts and estates litigation associate. She performs pretrial discovery, conducts legal research, and prepares motions and memoranda of law for litigated Surrogate’s Court proceedings.
Prior to joining Farrell Fritz, Yi served as associate law clerk to the Hon. Rita Mella for three years in New York County Surrogate’s Court, where she assisted the Surrogate with decisions on typical contested probate and accounting matters, complex issues of will construction and reformation, as well as novel issues such as a fiduciary’s authority to administer digital assets stored in Google and Apple accounts.
At law school, Yi advocated for the rights of the elderly and people with disabilities as a student attorney at the elder law clinic and a research assistant to the Hon. Kristin Booth Glen.
Yi is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- City University of New York School of Law
- Wesleyan College
Affiliations & Appointments
- 2022 Supreme Court Independent Judicial Screening Panel
- New York City Bar Association, Surrogate's Court Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Asian American Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Committee (Co-Chair)