Peter B. Zlotnick focuses on complex real estate, construction defect, healthcare and commercial litigation. His real estate clients include commercial and residential developers, coop and condominium boards, design professionals, real estate syndicates, partnerships and other forms of corporate entities, as well as private equity firms and high-net-worth individuals. He also represents skilled nursing facilities and managed long-term home healthcare plans in connection with mergers and acquisitions, regulatory, compliance, and corporate disputes. Additionally, Peter litigates stakeholder, corporate governance, business tort, bankruptcy, and other types of complex business, commercial, and contractual disputes.
Peter has served as a federal equity receiver and special master and has represented other receivers, corporate monitors, trustees, and special masters in connection with enforcement actions brought by federal regulatory agencies including the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Commodities Futures Trading Commission.
Over the past 25 years, in his capacity as a federal receiver and public fiduciary or as counsel to other receivers, Peter has been tasked by numerous federal district judges with seizing, marshaling, preserving and/or liquidating receivership assets worth in excess of $75 million and engaging in complex forensic fraud investigations of those entities and their principals. In 2013, Peter was invited to become a full member of the National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER), a select invitation-only organization for private practitioners, regulators, and judges who work in the federal equity receivership field.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law - Yeshiva University
- Colgate University (BA)
- Harvard University (MPP)
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., District of Colorado
- U.S.C.A., 2nd Circuit
Affiliations & Appointments
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers Association
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow
- New York State Bar Association, Business Litigation Committee
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Construction Law Committee and Green Building Law Subcommittee
- 82nd Street Partnership, Board of Directors
- Urban Green Council
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, Co-chair Regulatory Sub-Committee, Member, Best Practices and Amicus Committees
- Temple Sinai of Bergen County, New Jersey, Past President
- Temple Sinai of Bergen County, New Jersey, Member, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
- Fourth Cohort of the Russell and Angelica Berrie Leadership and Management Fellowship Program, Nominated Member