Patrick T. Collins concentrates in bankruptcy & restructuring and commercial litigation in federal and state courts. He has represented creditors, debtors, trustees, committees, lenders, asset purchasers, landlords, unions, officers and directors, and other parties involved in all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court insolvency matters, including workouts, preference, and fraudulent conveyance recovery actions.
Pat has defended hundreds of preference claims and lawsuits and also represents parties to receivership proceedings and litigation/liquidation and bankruptcy trustees. He currently represents the trustee of the liquidation trust formed in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of Metro Affiliates, Inc. and its affiliates (S.D.N.Y.).
In addition to bankruptcy litigation, Pat also counsels banks and other institutions in commercial litigation involving, among other subject areas, the Uniform Commercial Code and claims of lender liability. He also obtains and enforces judgments against debtors in the state of New York and prosecutes and defends commercial foreclosure actions.
Pat frequently represents charitable organizations and indigent individuals on a pro bono basis in bankruptcy, insolvency and litigation matters and has participated as a speaker or contributing author for numerous continuing legal education programs.
Prior to practicing law, Pat used his B.S.E. in mechanical engineering and materials science as an engineer for a prominent aerospace company.
- NRAD Medical Associates (U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York), Creditors' Committee & Creditor Representative
- Metro Affiliates, Inc./Atlantic Express (U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York), Creditors' Committee & Liquidating Trustee
- Med-Depot (Eastern District of Texas), DIP Lender
- Eastman Kodak Company (U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York), Creditors' Committee, Co-Chair
- ChemRx Corp. (District of Deleware), Shareholder & Director sued by Trustee
- Lehman Brothers Holding (S.D.N.Y.), Contract Counterparties
- New York Home Health Care Equipment (U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York), Creditors' Committee
- Alrose King David, LLC (U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York), Debtor in possession
- Leiner Health Products, Inc. (District of Delaware), Purchaser
- Robotic Vision Systems, Inc. (District of New Hampshire), Purchaser
- Greater Southeast Community Hospital (U.S.D.C., District of Columbia), Acquirors
- American Tissue, Inc. (District of Delaware), Secured Lender
- Island Medical Center (U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York), Debtor in possession
- Duke University
- St. John’s University School of Law
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
Affiliations & Appointments
- Nassau County Bar Association, Past Director, Past Chair and Vice Chair, Bankruptcy Law Committee