Nicholas G. Moneta’s practice is focused on trusts and estates law, including the preparation of various estate planning documents and administration of estates and trusts. He also supports the firm’s estate litigation practice through its representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in Surrogate’s Courts throughout the New York metropolitan area. His experience includes drafting, among other things, wills, codicils, trust instruments, and advance directives, handling various aspects of probate, accounting, and guardianship proceedings, and researching complex issues related to estates, gifts, and trusts law. Additionally, Nicholas is certified to serve on the Part 36 fiduciary list as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem, Guardian, Court Evaluator, and Counsel for Alleged Incapacitated Persons.
Nicholas was previously a law clerk and summer associate at the firm. He was also a judicial intern for Magistrate Judge A. Kathleen Tomlinson, U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York, and a legal intern and paralegal at Moulinos & Associates LLC.
- Adelphi University
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Affiliations & Appointments
- Vice Chairperson of the Practice & Ethics Committee, Trusts & Estates Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Surrogate’s Court Estates & Trusts Committee, Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of New York Chapter
- Associate Attorney Member, Estate Planning Council of Nassau County
- Former Managing Editor of Articles, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, Vol. 34
- Former Junior Staff Member, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, Vol. 33
- Former Secretary, Hofstra Elder Law Society