James F. DeVarso concentrates on commercial real estate finance including fee and leasehold mortgages, commercial real estate transactions, and leasing.
James was previously affiliated with Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft and was senior vice president and counsel, real estate to USLIFE Corporation, responsible for closing mortgage and real estate investments.
- Sample transactions: the sale and leaseback of major corporation's New York City headquarters; banking clients in the origination of mortgages; over $2 billion in mortgage financing for major New York City office building developers.
- St. Francis College
- St. John’s University School of Law
- New York Bar Association, Real Property Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section
- New York State Courts
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
Affiliations & Appointments
- Nassau County Bar Association