Christopher P. Daly practices real estate, banking, and healthcare law, with a concentration in commercial real estate finance. Chris has represented both lenders and borrowers in a variety of transactions, including fee and leasehold acquisition, construction and project loans, industrial development and housing development bond placements and credit enhancements, Section 1031 exchange loans, mezzanine loans, structured financings and defeasances, and loan syndications and participations.
Chris has been involved in a variety of healthcare-related lending transactions, including bond financings for assisted living facilities and other healthcare facilities.
In addition to his work in commercial real estate finance, Chris frequently represents clients in other areas of commercial real estate practice, including acquisitions and dispositions, both locally and throughout the country. He also has broad experience in providing regulatory advice to financial institutions, including in the context of bank mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $120 million mortgage financing of a portfolio of 20 properties.
- Negotiated the acquisition of a multifamily portfolio of buildings for $42 million and related senior and junior financing of the purchase for $37 million.
- Represented an institutional lender in a $85 million leasehold mortgage financing of 1407 Broadway, New York.
- Counseled an institutional lender in a $32 million loan for construction of a Marriott Courtyard Hotel at 410 E. 92nd Street, New York, and related intercreditor negotiations with the mezzanine lender.
- Representated an institutional lender in a $35 million loan for construction of Riva Pointe at Lincoln Harbor Phase III, a 90-unit residential development on a pier along the Hudson River waterfront in New Jersey, and related intercreditor negotiations with the mezzanine lender.
- New School for Social Research
- St. John’s University School of Law