Cheryl L. Erato’s practice is focused on trusts and estates litigation and probate and estate administration. She performs pretrial discovery, legal research and prepares motions and memorandum of law for litigated Surrogate’s Court proceedings. Additionally, she is certified to serve on the Part 36 fiduciary list as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem to represent individuals who cannot come to court to protect their own rights and interests.
Cheryl was previously an associate at Salem, Shor & Saperstein, LLP in Lake Success, NY and a legal extern to the Hon. Arthur M. Diamond in Nassau County Supreme Court.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- Stony Brook University
Affiliations & Appointments
- New York State Bar Association, Surrogate’s Court Committee, Vice Chairperson
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Former Vice-President, Hofstra Elder Law Society
- Former Member, Hofstra Trial Advocacy Association