Representing owners, construction professionals, contractors and suppliers with integrity, efficiency and hands-on experience. Construction Law
Farrell Fritz’s Construction Group includes attorneys who are recognized throughout Long Island, New York and the Northeast as leaders in the industry. Our construction attorneys have a wide range of experience counseling prime and trade contractors, owners/developers, architects, engineers, design firms, healthcare and educational institutions and public entities in all aspects of construction. Members of our construction group have extensive experience working in-house on the development side, which enables our group to develop strategies to avoid problems through effective risk and project management and to counsel effectively when problems arise on a construction project.
The failure of a construction company left multiple subcontractors, union benefit funds, and suppliers unpaid and a local assisted living real estate developer with significant...
The failure of a construction company left multiple subcontractors, union benefit funds, and suppliers unpaid and a local assisted living real estate developer with significant...Read more
- Clients trust our construction attorneys for guidance in:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with public and private entities.
- Construction contracts of every type – for both owners and contractors.
- Construction risk assessment and avoidance.
- Owner/developer project management.
- Claims prevention, preparation and negotiation.
- Delay, inefficiency and interference claims.
- Defense and prosecution of complex construction claims.
- Contract defaults and termination.
- Bid protests and award disputes.
- Mechanic’s liens and public improvement liens.
- Surety bond issues (i.e., payment, performance and bid bonds).
- LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, sustainable design and “green” building.
- Property damage claims.
- OSHA and workplace safety guidance and claim avoidance.
- Federal and state procurement issues.
- Insurance coverage and disputes.
- BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
- Construction licensing issues.
- DBE/MWBE compliance.
- New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) and Environmental Control Board (ECB) claims and violation resolution.
In addition, our Construction Group works closely with Farrell Fritz’s other practice groups, including:
- Labor & Employment to effectively manage Equal Employment Opportunity Commission concerns, Wage and Hour (Davis-Bacon) issues as well as union- related matters.
- Real Estate for clients involved in property acquisition and construction loan financing.
- Corporate & Finance to assist with entity formation, organization and capital funding.
- Tax to help ensure maximum tax advantages for our clients.
- Trusts & Estates regarding succession planning.
- Environmental for environmental impact planning and liability management/mitigation.
- Land Use & Municipal to help clients deal with complex zoning and related regulations.
- Bankruptcy, representing creditors and debtors.