NYSBA CLE: Practical Skills - Probate & the Administration of Estates
This basic program will explore the various proceedings involved in probate and estate administration. Experienced practitioners in the field will take you step by step through the actual administration of an estate, from determining the nature and extent of a decedent's assets and liabilities to discussion of tax issues that may affect the beneficiaries of the estate. Ethical considerations for attorneys handling estates will also be covered, as well as accounting requirements for wrapping up a decedent's estate.
Farrell Fritz trusts and estates partner, Eric W. Penzer, will be a speaker at the session entitled, Ethical Considerations and Attorney's Fees.
Topics to be covered include:
- Brief overview of new ethics rules
- Representation of multiple clients and conflicts of interest
- Attorney's fees and rules of engagement
- Attorney-client privilege and attorney work product
- Applications for attorney fees
- Who is the client: the beneficiaries? The Executor/Administrators?
- Legal malpractice issues
This course has been approved for MCLE credit in New York for all attorneys, including newly admitted (less than 24 months). It carries 7.0 total credits (3.0 professional practice; 3.0 skills; 1.0 ethics).
For complete course details and registration information, visit The New York State Bar Association .